*** “Call for Presentations” has been closed. ***
We are pleased to invite teachers and members currently working at the universities in Hong Kong to submit abstracts for the Community of Practice Symposium of Education Innovation and Technology 2022.
The scope of this symposium will cover (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Metaverse for Education
- Online, Hybrid and Blended Learning Pedagogical Explorations
- Gamification and Game-based Learning
- Application of Immersive Technologies (e.g. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Extended Reality)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Education
- Teaching and Learning for Social Good (e.g. Service Learning, Social Entrepreneurship and Global Citizenship)
- Assessment as/ for Learning
- Research-based Education and Learning Analytics
- Other topics relevant to education innovation and technologies
- Option 1: Live oral presentation in parallel sessions (15 minutes talk, 5 minutes Q&A), OR
- Option 2: Pre-recorded presentation for showcasing at the KEEPCourse* only (12-15 minutes talk)
Note: The preference on presentation format shall be indicated in the online abstract submission form. Either one of the above presentation formats will be offered.
Abstract Submission, Method, and Guidelines
- No fee will be charged for presentation and registration.
- All abstracts should be submitted through this online submission system: https://cuhk.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0TzKfFRGurkKKHk (CLOSED)
- Length: The abstract’s length should be within 150 – 250 words.
- Language: Abstract should be submitted and presented in English.
- The abstracts will be reviewed by the symposium organizing committee. The symposium organizing committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation of presentation format and arrangement.
- Due to the limited time slots for live oral presentations, the symposium working team might seek consent from the applicant(s) for live oral presentation to change their presentation format (i.e. pre-recorded presentation for showcasing at the KEEPCourse only*).
- All accepted abstracts will be housed on the symposium website.
- For detailed guidelines, please refer to Guidelines for Presentations.
Important Dates (HKT)
- Call for Presentations
- March 4,2022
- Abstract Submission Deadline
- April 11, 2022
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance/ Rejection
- By April 22, 2022
- Confirmation of Presenter’s Attendance
- By April 27, 2022
- Pre-recorded presentation video submission deadline (for presenters applied for showcasing their pre-recorded presentation video at the KEEPCourse only as their presentation format)
- May 23, 2022
- Event Date
- June, 2022
* For the purpose of posting the videos at KEEPCourse publicly, all submitted videos will also be hosted at a video streaming platform (i.e. Youtube). Presenters and delegates should register on the KEEPCourse to access the pre-recorded presentation videos.